Its interesting that in this time of increasing use of impersonal communication (including this one, so the irony is noted) people are relying more and more on their personal contacts to do business. Unfortunately, like a lot of things you learn this too late but I decided to jot down a couple of points that may help-
- Yesterdays competitor is todays customer.
- Suppliers can become employers.
- People have long memories.
- Yesterdays employee is tomorrows customer.
- Treat everyone with respect and they will almost always do the same.
- Its not personal, its business.
Six points that may help, you may think they are obvious or cliche but I feel that if I stuck by these early on in the piece then perhaps outcomes would be a little better. If anyone has anything to add feel free to comment.