So here are some points to remember gleaned from the job hunt so far-
- You are not old, your experienced.
- If Centrelink was an E-commerce site, it would go out of business (go to an actual office to get anything done).
- Out of one hundred job applications only five will reply.
- Managing your own business means zip to recruiting agencies.
- Recruiters are usually way less qualified than you and know less about the businesses they are recruiting for than you do.
- LinkedIn is your best friend.
- Business friends will mostly evaporate- for employed people, unemployment is a contagious disease.
- Phone and email are essential- do not let them get cut off.
- Desperation is very unattractive.
- Wear a suit to very meeting- they say its casual but that only applies to employees.
- Supply exceeds demand.
- Always keep your creditors close, they are your best mates until paid in full.
If anyone needs advice on jobs, closing or running small businesses give me a yell- I can relay my experience to you and hopefully help you out. Like doctors, it never hurts to get a second opinion.